AKD Servo Drive and AKM Food Gear Servo Motor One Cable Package
Clean Solution: Washdown Food Gearmotors
Kollmorgen is offering new solutions for the packaging industry based on the successful Washdown Food version of the AKM servo motors. The standard series AKD for central mounting in the control cabinet and the AKD-N series with the AKD-C power supply module, which is particularly efficient in machines with multiple spatially distributed axes, are available for the construction of a decentralized servo system.
Two basic models of servo gearmotors cover most transport and turning applications in these industries. The FDA-tested coating, the very smooth surface, and the steel connectors comply with the strict hygiene requirements.
Advantages of the Solution
- Hygienic design prevents germ formation and dirt pockets
- High level of cleanliness maintenance thanks to the smooth surface
- Developed for continuous cleaning with common cleaning agents with pH values between 2 and 12
- Single-cable technology offers quicker and easier cleaning
- PFTE rotary shaft seal, gear oil, and FDA approved coating
- Lower energy costs thanks to the high efficiency of servo motor and gears
- Simplified machine design thanks to non-enclosed assembly
- Flexible solution with various gear ratios and feedback options