AKD® PDMM 3-In-1: Motion Controller, PLC and Servo Drive in One
AKD PDMM combines all functions in a single compact device, and delivers high performance in the smallest of spaces.
As a central, multi-axis controller, the AKD PDMM is perfectly suited for controlling single and multi-axis drives with increased demands. Supplied in two performance categories, the AKD PDMM (Programmable Drive Multi Master) controls 10 or more axes* at 1-ms cycle time in the 800 MHz version, 20 axes or more* in the 1.2-GHz version, and also offers PLC functionality without an additional motion controller. You therefore save up to 30% on space in your switch cabinet, reduce wiring complexity, and lower machine costs. The Kollmorgen Automation Suite (KAS) development environment assists you with programming and reduces development times considerably – irrespective of whether it is a single-axis drive or a drive system with 50 axes.
* Maximum axis count depends on motion/automation complexity and performance.
- SReduce panel space, wiring costs and build time with an AKD servo drive axis and a multi-axis programmable machine and motion controller in a single package—eliminating the need for a separate controller in many applications
- Accelerate design time and simplify integration by using a single, scalable development environment to program AKD PDMM as well as PAC-based applications up to 128 axes
- Minimize risk and maximize performance with our industry-leading AKD drive hardware integrated with the proven architecture of Kollmorgen Automation Suite
- Deliver advanced features in a higher-performing machine with the advantages of Pipe Network™ and Kollmorgen co-engineering capabilities
- Control multiple high-performance servo axes without the need for a separate controller, saving cabinet space and wiring costs
- Build a complete system with optimal performance using drives, motors, I/O modules, HMI panels and other components designed to work together
- Kollmorgen Automation Suite™ provides fully integrated programming, testing, setup and commissioning
- Embedded web server utility simplifies service
- Control 20 axes or more* while reducing machine footprint:
- EtherCAT multi-axis master motion controller integrated with a standard AKD™ drive axis
- Full IEC61131-3 soft PLC for machine control, with support for all 5 programming languages
- Choice of PLCopen for motion or Pipe Network™ for programming motion control
- 32 kB non-volatile memory stores machine data to eliminate scrap upon restart after power failure
- SD Card slot simplifies backup and commissioning, with no PC required
- Onboard I/O includes 13 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 1 analog input, 1 analog output (expandable with AKT series of remote I/O)
- Works with Kollmorgen Visualization Builder™ for programming AKI human-machine interface panels
- Enables plug-and-play compatibility with your servo motor
- Provides access to all the advantages of Kollmorgen´s breadth of motor platforms including AKM™, CDDR™, and other direct-drive technologies
- Supports real-time performance feedback from Smart Feedback Devices (SFD), EnDat2.2, 01, BiSS, Analog Sine/Cos encoder, incremental encoder, HIPERFACE®, and resolver
- Full-frequency autotuning ensures perfect motion across the performance spectrum